Back to homepage
Back to homepage

How to
Step by Step

Step 1


(Contact your Erasmus+ coordinator or exchange coordinator)

If you wish to come to study at CTU in Prague as an Erasmus or an exchange student, your university must officially nominate you via this form. In the first instance, therefore, you must contact your Erasmus+ coordinator or exchange coordinator.

Step 2

Online registration

Please note that the online registration is an obligatory process. Even if you have filled in the standard forms (on paper), you must still register online. Online registration is available at the following website: 

In addition to the application form, please remember to also upload your transcript of records.
All of our incoming students are required to collect at least 15 ECTS credits/semester towards their degree programme at their home university. Students can take courses from different faculties. Most of your courses should normally be at your host CTU faculty. Note that the Architectural Design Course at the Faculty of Architecture is available only for students registered at the Faculty of Architecture.

Step 3

Confirmation of Essential Forms:

A) Application  Form + Learning Agreement/Study Plan – print it and sign it, get it confirmed and signed by your home university
B) Language Certificate The printed out forms are to be checked and confirmed/signed by the relevant coordinators at your home university.
Remember that forms must be delivered in time. Late applications will be rejected.

Step 4

Sending documents

Copies signed by the home university must be emailed to the contact person for incoming students by the deadlines:

Deadline for Summer Semester:
October 31 – students from non-EU countries and with non-EU citizenship. Contact person: Lucie Berkmanová, – bilateral agreements, Lucie Bílová – Erasmus

November 30 – students from EU and with EU citizenship. Contact person: Lucie Bílová, – Erasmus, Lucie Berkmanová, – bilateral agreements

Deadline for Winter Semester and the whole Academic Year:
March 31 – students from non-EU countries and with non-EU citizenship. Contact person: Lucie Berkmanová, – bilateral agreements, Lucie Bílová – Erasmus

April 30 – students from EU and with EU citizenship. Contact person: Lucie Bílová, – Erasmus, – bilateral agreements

The application process for your study exchange begins when you send the printed, signed and stamped forms.

The mailing address is:
Czech Technical University in Prague
Jugoslávských partyzánů 3, 160 00, PRAGUE 6

Step 5

Student visa

Note: Students with EU citizenship do not need a student visa!

Information about current visa policy:

When you have received the necessary documents (a Letter of acceptance and a Confirmation of the accommodation) from us, you can apply for a visa at the relevant Czech Embassy/Consulate for your home country. Please contact the relevant diplomatic mission for information about your visa application.

The entire procedure takes approx. 8 weeks.

A useful presentation about study visas can be found here.

Step 6


The Service Facilities Administration (SUZ) is responsible for student housing and canteens at CTU. As such, Erasmus and Exchange students must apply directly to SUZ for university accommodation. For non-EU citizens, this is a particularly convenient option because they must provide an accommodation address with their visa application. Follow the step-by-step instructions for the application and payment processes below and reach out to with any questions. Note that the university offers accommodation only in shared rooms, typically in two-bed rooms. The accommodation is inexpensive, conveniently located and has excellent internet access, but it is not luxurious.

Prior to their arrival at CTU, each student must pay a security deposit via the ISKAM4 accommodation system. Upon arriving at the dormitory, each student must bring their passport and one headshot photo and pay for the accommodation services and associated fees, including insurance, for the month of September (or both September and October for exchange students). Payment is only possible with credit or debit card. More information about arrival logistics can be found in the SUZ FAQs.

Services and amenities vary both between and within dormitories. A general overview can be found here and information about specific buildings can be found in the dormitories overview. 

Internet in CTU dormitories is provided for 800 CZK per month.

Students are recommended to take out personal property insurance. International students are, regrettably, sometimes targeted by pickpockets and other thieves. Note, however, that the insurance agreement covers only the most basic items, and any major items (e.g. laptops, smartphones) must be specified in writing. If windows are left open or doors are left unlocked, or if the owner of the property is negligent, the insurance company will not pay out. The university does not accept liability for any loss of students’ property.

Private apartments are an alternative to university housing, but the rent will be considerably higher. However, it is possible to rent a modest flat for 2 or 3 students for 15 000 CZK/month. You can begin your apartment search or the web at: or

You might also consider renting a room in a Czech family flat. This can have its drawbacks in terms of freedom or privacy, but it can often be a unique living situation and is cheaper than renting your own flat.

If you have the money, you might invest in a real estate agent who finds available flats and arranges leases. They can act as the middleman between a Czech landlord and a foreign client. The rents will be higher and you will probably pay a commission to the rental agent, but it will save you from navigating Czech real estate alone.

Quick Links
Accommodation Application and Payment System
Application Guide
Payment Guide
Dormitories Overview
International students typically stay in the Strahov, Sinkuleho or Masarykova dormitories.
Accommodation Agreement
Housing Rules
Price List

Step 7

Prior to your arrival, be sure to bring:
– Passport
– Health insurance information: you are required to have full health insurance on arrival in the Czech Republic. – Check that your particular insurance covers the Czech Republic and includes hospitalisation. You will be required to show your health insurance card on arrival.
– Acceptance letter from CTU (original or copy)
– Confirmation of guaranteed accommodation
– Travel documents (tickets, rail passes)

– Any medicines that you take regularly
– Non-feather pillow if you are allergic
– International driver’s license
– Backpack or rucksack
– Passport photos (you will need them for various ID’s)
– Photocopies of your documents
– Current converters and electrical socket adapters (if needed). In the Czech Republic, we use 220 watts 2-pole round plugs.