Why Choose CTU
- CTU is the biggest technical university in Central Europe, with more than 310 years of tradition, excellent research results, a great number of specialised labs and vast study resources.
- The University is divided into 8 faculties and one school of business, each focused on different aspect of engineering. You can choose from more than 60 internationally recognised study programmes at bachelor, master and PhD level.
- Almost 19.000 students study at CTU, out of whom every fifth student is from abroad. Each academic year more than 500 young people from abroad enrol in various study programmes. This number enables international students to study in small groups and to receive individual treatment from the professors.
- CTU cooperates with major global and local companies, including Škoda Auto, RWE, McKinsey&Company, Ernst&Young, PSJ, GE (General Electric) and many others. This gives our students a good opportunity to work on collaborative projects during their studies, and helps our graduates to get a job at a reputable international company.
- The CTU Career Centre helps students find their way in the employment market and provides free career-oriented seminars in English language. Career Centre also offers opportunity for Mentoring, where you can cooperate with your mentor from a private company up to 6 months and become a part of their working environment. More information: https://mentoring.cvut.cz/index.php?locale=en.
- The International Student Club at CTU helps international students who come for short term mobilities to settle in, and organises an Orientation Week for them, trips and cultural evenings. More information: https://isc.cvut.cz/.
- The cost of living for a student in Prague, which is the sixth most visited European city, is considerably lower than in other European metropolises or in cities in the USA. Estimated living costs per one year are around 5.000 EUR. More information: https://studyinprague.cz/life-in-prague/cost-of-living/.
- Very important to mention that Prague is one of the safest cities in the world. According to the Global Peace Index (GPI) Czech Republic has become the 6th safest country (out of the 163 monitored nations). Prague has also been ranked high on the list of 100 safest cities in the world according to the study created by Numbeo which is is the world's largest database of user contributed data about cities and countries worldwide.