Why Choose CTU
- CTU is the biggest technical university in Central Europe, with 300 years of tradition, excellent research results, a great number of specialised labs and vast study resources.
- The University is divided into 8 faculties, each focused on different aspect of engineering. You can choose from 38 internationally recognised study programmes at bachelor, master and PhD level. CTU offers more than engineering studies, you can study business as well. Credits can easily be transferred abroad.
- Almost 23,000 students study at CTU, out of whom more than 8% are international students. Each academic year more than 500 young people from abroad enrol in various study programmes. This relatively low number enables international students to study in small groups and to receive individual treatment from the professors.
- CTU cooperates with major global and local companies, including Škoda Auto, RWE, McKinsey&Company, Ernst&Young, PSJ, Tesco and others. This gives our students a good opportunity to work on collaborative projects during their studies, and helps our graduates to get a job at a reputable international company.
- The CTU Career Centre helps students find their way in the employment market and provides free career-oriented seminars in English language.
- The International Student Club at CTU helps international students to settle in, and organises an Orientation Week, trips and cultural evenings.
- The cost of living for a student in Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic and the sixth most visited European city, is considerably lower than in other European metropolises or in cities in the US. Fees at CTU are also reasonable.